Saturday 7 May 2022

Something happens to a woman when she isn't wanted... something dreadful!

After the promise of a nice weekend - with the brilliant sunshine yesterday while I was in the office - today it's grey and humid and drizzly out there. Of course.

Never mind, eh? A little visit from Steve Hayes, aka the Tired Old Queen at the Movies, is always a great pick-me up - especially when he's getting his teeth into a camp old Joan Crawford movie...

Faboo!

Fact: Miss Crawford departed, to cause mayhem no doubt, for Fabulon 45 years ago on Tuesday.

10 comments:

  1. I just love Tired Old Queen at the Movies. God love him, he's been slinging these reviews for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years... and yet he never seems to age! Jx

      Delete
  2. So what happened at the end of Possessed????? Damn it, I'm going to have to watch the film now!! I have seen it before - but I've forgotten.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A clue: no-one wakes up in the shower to find it was all a dream... Jx

      Delete
  3. Adore Joan and Possessed. So grateful for her body of work. Which may include my mother! I'm more and more convinced my mother is a graduate of The Joan Crawford Finishing School For Hormone-Imbalanced Girls. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are Christina Crawford... and I claim my prize! Jx

      Delete
  4. I expect you've been making up for yesterday by being out and about in today's sunshine, Jon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALL DAY, dear - I just posted about it. My back is in half (again), but it was worth it... Jx

      Delete
  5. On our Sunday afternoon telly..."Breakfast at Tiffany's" Am I the only one here who saw it in 1961?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since that was two years before I was born, yes. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]