Friday 10 May 2024

Flugt og fart, indeed

Why is it that short weeks [it was May Day on Monday] seem to drag even longer than normal ones?

Never mind, eh? This one's almost over - and at 4pm precisely, the laptop closes for another seventeen days!

We are very much looking forward to our excursion to the delights of Spain again, this time taking in Seville (on Wednesday), Cadiz (on Thursday) and Jerez (on Friday), before we head on to more familiar territory (on Saturday) with a week in our usual haunt of Benalmadena! Yay!

Before all that, of course...

...tomorrow is the Eurovision Song Contest final!

We expect the usual houseful of pissed friends in preposterous costumes, far-too-much-food, scoresheets and lots of shouting and cheering at the telly. Bliss.

Let's get in the mood, shall we, with a verrrry late-70s vibe from Denmark - and Tak Disco Det er fredag!

Disco tango à la carte
Og godt med garniture, flugt og fart
En jockey uden hest, der disc'er op
Med nyt fra USA, soul, reggae eller pop

Apparently.

Hope you're all singing along, peeps.

[Lyrics in English:
Disco tango à la carte
And lots of decorations, flight and speed
A jockey without a horse, who dishes up
With news from USA, soul, reggae or pop
]

10 comments:

  1. That sounds to me like Disco Tango Polka. Was this considered good in 1979?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even remember it, to be honest. At age sixteen, I was too "cool" for Eurovision! 🤣

      To answer your question, it came sixth in the contest... Jx

      Delete
  2. I actually love when I have Mondays off I find the week flies by quicker. I myself can't wait for vacation. I have all four on the books now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad this week - short or otherwise - is over, and we can get on with the "real stuff"..! Jx

      Delete
  3. Pure Eurovision at it's most cringing and I am sure that the male dancer is actually a Drag King with a comedy moustache.
    It scored three more points than the United Kingdom did that year
    (Black Lace - "Mary Ann" which was also dreadful.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the horrific reminder about Black Lace... Jx

      Delete
  4. I think that chap was on my flight home in '79.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably several men on flights in 1979 looked like him... Jx

      Delete
  5. I'm familiar with this song, way before my time of course, in the late 90s the resident drag queen at The St George used to hand out musical instruments, for the customers to play along with I was always given the Tambourine with the ribbons on it, my Samson and Delilah by Middle of the Road routine was legendary.

    Here's to the much coveted nul points in tonight's Eurovision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you Mitzi, for the equally horrific reminder about Middle of the Road. Chirpy-fucking-Cheep-Cheep, indeed!

      I think Olly should get more than nul points tonight - but we shall see... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]