Friday 31 May 2024

Fidati di me!

Oh. Thank. Heavens.

Another short-but-excruciating week is coming to a close. It's always hell trying to catch-up with everything after a fortnight's holiday - but this one has been completely knackering!

Never mind, eh? The weather may well be on our side this weekend, so as well as lots of sleep, there's some pleasant pottering to look forward to.

Meanwhile...

I am informed by our friend Houseboy Alex that, because of bloody TikTok - and a raccoon, of all things - our much-missed, late, great Patron Saint of dangerous head-flicks Signorina Raffaella Carrà is apparently back, hovering around the lower echelons of the UK charts...

Personally, I prefer the original - complete with its utterly preposterous safety gays (and no rodents in sight)! Grazie Disco È venerdì!

Have a good one, dear reader!

14 comments:

  1. I definitely prefer the original, and the safety gays don’t look all that safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't trust anyone who wore that sort of outfit in public, tbh. Jx

      Delete
  2. Boy, now those are some ensembles....and the shorts leaving nothing to the imagination on the fellow with the striped socks. Thank heaven I have readers on, or my eye may be poked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "How did you lose your eye, Aunt Maddie?"
      "Italian sausage."


      Jx

      Delete
    2. Snort! coffee-on-keyboard-again...

      Delete
  3. I only recently found out there are no raccoons in England. I had sort of assumed everyone had to put up with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the vile feral urban fox to provide the noisy, stinking, garden-destroying, rubbish-strewing, vermin role here instead. Jx

      Delete
  4. My goodness, but the Tic Tok visuals are repetitive. I prefer the original too.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why TikTok is so popular with young people, people with no attention span and assorted morons - exactly the people that its Chinese owners would find easiest to brainwash... Jx

      Delete
  5. Funnily enough, I'm halfway through a tube of fruit pastilles as I watch the stripy tighted Safety Gays in the original "Pedro" video...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look like pick'n'mix sweets from Woolies in the '70s, don't they? Jx

      Delete
  6. Viva Raffaella !
    As the original had a Disco beat; I find it hard to understand what, if anything Mr Raccoon has done to it to claim it as his

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tik Tok's incomprehensible to me. Let's not think about it, for fear of going crazy. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]