Friday 3 July 2009

When they insist we're just good not enough



Just one more day to go before Gay Pride, and I just had to post one of the absolute anthems of the struggle for equality, to remind us of what it's all about, really...

Written and composed by a black out-gay man, it is inevitable that this song has been adopted as symbolic of many struggles for recognition (black, gay, even Irish Nationalist - ahem), but to me its words strike a chord for what Pride is really all about -

"Brothers and sisters
When they insist we're just good not enough.
Well, we know better.
Just look 'em in the eyes and say
We're gonna do it anyway!"


But who knew that there was an Almighty remix of this fabulous song? How camp...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]