Monday 12 March 2012

We're gonna have a celebration



We've reached a milestone, dear reader.

Today, I celebrate my TWO THOUSANDTH post to this blog (in its various locations)!

It is FIVE YEARS to the day since I started these regular, often bizarre peregrinations. Since those misty oft-forgotten days when MySpace ruled the blogging/social networking world when I began, I have progressed through myriad subjects (serious or trivial), many fabulous evenings out have been lovingly reviewed, many divas and notable homosexuals celebrated, many bigots and bastards seen off; the weird contents of my head have been emptied time and again, mainly for my own pleasure (and hopefully, in some shape manner or form, the entertainment or enlightenment of whoever it is that actually reads this stuff) - and bizarrely I still enjoy it...

Tacky Music Mondays - my weekly celebration of the wonders and the razzmatazz of the showbiz world - became a "fixture" at an early stage in this meandering journey. Our adoration of sparkly divas of stage and screen is legendary here at Dolores Delargo Towers. Many in number are those we call our "patron saints" - Kylie, Madge, Dame Shirley, Liza, Betty White, Elaine Stritch, Miss Merman and their ilk. Camp, moi?

However in this particular Tacky Music Monday slot, one sparkling diva among all others reigns supreme. Her only serious rivals are the likes of Miss Raffaella Carra and Miss Mitzi Gaynor. Her camp credentials are timeless.

So to celebrate this noteworthy occasion, here she is, the crowned Queen of Kitsch - it's Dalida!!




Cards and presents to the usual address...

About Dolores Delargo Towers

14 comments:

  1. Happy 2000th aniversary my dear. Keep them coming. J-Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DARLING! Your blog is one of the pages I try to check out everyday, and I hope to do so for years to come. And Dalida as the events entertainer just makes this milestone even sweeter!

    (Cards, a suitcase of diva music, male strippers and myself in my best Diana wig are currently on a plane to the usual address) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Popers and Disco balls are in the mail! Congrats and a big Cheers! to many many more :) Dalida- That's entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, boys! Let's Paaaartayyy!! Jx

    PS I'm waiting at the door for UPS - hope the new houseboys will be in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS!

    I'll be celebrating my blog's 6th anniversary this month.

    Does that make us veterans?

    In any case, I'm glad I found you. I'm certain it must have been via Thombeau.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're such veterans we should have Vera Lynn singing at our anniversary celebrations...

      And yes, in this universe everything eventually graduates to Thombeau! Jx

      Delete
  7. Congrats, my crazy, fabulous friend!!! And what better way to celebrate that with DALIDA!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You old silver-tongue, you... Jx

      PS That's MADEMOISELLE Dalida, s'il vous plait!

      Delete
  8. Congtatulations sweetie. You don't look a day over 199 ;-). ttfn Hils x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grew up with Dalida! My mom used to sing Gigi l'Amoroso over and over again. But her favorite (and mine) was this one.

    Joyeux z'anniverrrsairrre! *rolling the r's, like Dalida!*
    Hugs
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mon cher! Not being French I had to look up the lyrics - it is the ultimate "Cougar anthem", isn't it? One wonders why we are strangely drawn to such things... Jx

      Delete
  10. Wow 2000 fab posts who better than Dalida to mark the mile stone

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]