Wednesday 6 June 2012

Burning like a silver flame



Many of us are coming down to earth with a bump today. After a long bank holiday of flag-waving, British national pride, pomp, ceremony, boats, horses, military uniforms, divas, fireworks and celebration, it's time to return to work - ewww!

So, rather than concentrate on earthly things, I note that the papers are full of coverage of the movement of two (other) celestial bodies. And, as Venus completes its transit across the sun, there is only one song I can play to ease its (and our) passage...


Fitting, too, as it seems that Bananarama are celebrating thirty years in business in 2012. Congratulations, ladies!

Bananarama official website

2 comments:

  1. A very appropriate song for all the right reasons...

    Thanks for the heads up on the new release - I am very much looking forward to the DVD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - their videos are such fun!

      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]