Wednesday 24 November 2021

Something fishy about it

I was "overjoyed" to discover that today was apparently "National Sardines Day", until I realised that like so very much content on the interwebs, this actually means "it's a marketing 'thing', and confined to America". Hey ho. Who gives a stuff, when - by way of a tribute to that silvery-health-food-from-the-sea [historically known here in the UK as "pilchards" - and, indeed, that is what they are still called if they grow over six inches] - I have the perfect excuse to exhume a (very) old favourite of ours here at Dolores Delargo Towers?

More than you ever need to know about this song, courtesy of the weird website Tedium.

12 comments:

  1. Pinky and Perky sing about fish???
    You should have posted this for Halloween!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trout Mask Replica - Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band, 1969. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no doubt that Barnes & Barnes were taking the same drugs. Jx

      Delete
  3. Another video extravaganza. Where do you find them all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one - like so much in the blogosphere - was probably courtesy of the much-missed Thombeau... Jx

      Delete
  4. Have you ever tried pilchard curry?
    It's a very economical dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "You just get one of those big tins of pilchards in tomato sauce and mix it with onions and curry powder and it’s really tasty.”

      "I used to share a flat with these girls, and we often used to do that. But, you see Tony won't touch it, will you, Tone?"


      Jx

      Delete
  5. Had I known about this song, I would have included on MY blog post today.

    And I can’t believe I’ve lived this long without knowing that if it’s longer than 6 inches, it’s called a pilchard. I’ve called them all penises.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]