Sunday 4 September 2022

The paprika fields of Harringay

I thought Saturday was slow... Today I didn't even wake up until 2.30pm, and that was only because of the piercing shrieks of next-door's demon child.

Still, I must have needed the sleep!

To suit the mood, how about some "Sunday music" - courtesy of a brand new discovery, the Budapest Café Orchestra?

They'll tackle anything, it seems - from Rachmaninov...

...to Bow Wow Wow!

Another surprise - the band was founded in our old neighbourhood, and in fact they humorously describe themselves as "the famous four of the paprika fields of Harringay"! They even have a musical tribute to the place:

We must look out for any "homecoming concerts"!

4 comments:

  1. I slept through Saturday, and not feeling too bright today - maybe the music will pep me up?!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear. How many whisky bottles are in your recycling, Ms Scarlet..? Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]