Friday 16 September 2022

Dancing Queen

During this period of mourning, everything revolves around thoughts of HM The Queen, methinks.

I have already featured Her Maj's love for Duke Ellington, and The Lambeth Walk, but also among her avowed favourite numbers was this one, to which she and Philip used to love to twirl:

Well, I suppose it is traditional for me to feature dance music to mark the end of another working week...

If the queue ever goes down - curent estimate is up to a 24-hour wait! - I might try and go to pay my respects to Her Majesty. I'm not overly optimistic, mind you.

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely gown. She certainly had her day! Love cheek to cheek :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gown that almost caused a rift between the pair... Jx

      Delete
    2. Practical, too - the dusting gets done while one's dancing!

      Delete
    3. Not that practical. It shed feathers everywhere - Fred and the whole set were covered in them at rehearsals. Some clever wardrobe person fixed that - and the rest is cinematic history! Jx

      Delete
  2. Good luck if you('re) brave(ing) the queue, Jon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. I'm in a state of torpor today. Hopefully, more on that later... Jx

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! You queued?! I bet that was an experience, I shall look forward to your post.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's posted, Ms Scarlet. What an experience it was, too! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]