Monday, 27 July 2026

Rokk around the clokk?

Shit! Another week is here, already. After a lovely weekend - HM The Queen's frocks with Mother, a day in the garden - I am not ready for this.

Never mind, eh? Let's cheer ourselves up with something from the "Nazis' favourite screen songbird" Marika Rökk, in all her weirdness, shall we? On this Tacky Music Monday - this clip (from 1958, long after her dodgy reputation had been redeemed) is an absolute joy!

Sit back and enjoy the madness of Mir ist so langweilig ("I'm so bored") - and I can guarantee that you won't be...

Ich liebe es!

Have a good week, dear reader.

6 comments:

  1. The meme sums up perfectly. More the right on. This morning was ugly. It was a three coffee morning......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely Marika Rökk woke you up nicely, though?! Jx

      Delete
  2. I’m going to look up Marika Rökk - she sounds interesting.
    I feel for you every Monday morning! But then again you don’t have to spend the day entertaining a large energetic dog that has no ‘off’ switch! I hope your week goes swiftly.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instead, I deal with needy service commissioners in the council. Not sure which is more exhausting...

      Jx

      Delete
  3. Can you imagine going up to a random black man in the street, touch his skin, then check your fingers for stains. Oh those Nazis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is utterly bewildering, isn't it? And this was way after the war. But then again, it was Germany.

      Mind you, the likes of Dick Emery, The Two Ronnies and Spike Milligan [not to mention The Black and White Minstrel Show] were doing this sort of stuff on UK telly much later, in the 1970s... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]