Monday, 24 August 2026

Every day seems a lifetime

Noooooooo!

After a gorgeous sixteen days away, it's time for reality to kick in. It's time to get the bloody laptop out of the cupboard, and get back to work! I am in no way ready for this...

Our beloved Kessler Twins would have celebrated their 90th birthdays last Friday, so, on this Tacky Music Monday, only they can save us now!

Probably my favourite camp dance routine, ever. Madam Arcati and I have practised it many times and still can't get it right...

Have a good week, dear reader. I won't!

14 comments:

  1. I bet you can do parts of that routine very well though - and that's enough.
    Have a good week, Jon, I hope it goes quickly.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can manage the "wearing hats and gloves" bit. Jx

      Delete
  2. The terror is putting it mildly....this post was in my reader already?!?!?!? Did some gnome fall alseep at the switchboard?????

    Practice makes perfect. Bruch up and maybe you two can do the routine for them for their 91st birthdays! You head back and now I have a week till vacation...how bad can the week be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's barely lunchtime and I am already pissed off with work!

      I'm not going to tempt fate, but the past three posts have all arrived promptly. Dare we assume..?

      Unfortunately the twins sadly died last year, otherwise I might have contacted them for some lessons... Jx

      Delete
  3. I love this song an the Kessler Twins are just the right vintage and had just the right style for it. Keep practicing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were rather faboo, especially in this video! After day I've had, I'm too knackered to shimmy... Jx

      Delete
  4. The Kessler twins are very graceful. Which is not surprising really as at least one of them is a robot. Apparently.
    Anyway, is it the quick costume changes that's holding you and The Madam back, do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The Stepford Kessler Twins"?!

      I'll have you know, I have never been afraid of a quick "costume change" - especially if I'm about to get caught doing something I shouldn't! 🤣

      Jx

      Delete
  5. Practice makes perfect they say so lets keep on practising and this time next year we could be on stage at the London Palladium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suddenly I hear Stritchy belting out:

      Someday, maybe
      If I stick it long enough
      I can get to strut my stuff
      Working for a nice man
      Like a Ziegfeld or a Weismann
      In a big time
      Broadway show!


      Jx

      Delete
  6. If it makes you feel any better, no one in that video got the dance routine right either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just had to watch the video again - Love It
    Perfect for a Sunday morning with a boozy film club afternoon with our gang looming in the afternoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we'll have to dig the floppy hats and the gloves out? Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]