Sunday 10 December 2017

Gotta get my gear out ready for a winter spill



Having spent all day yesterday with "our gang" - at one of our newest innovations, a "Film Club" - drinking vast quantities of alcohol, and watching hours of campery (the Technicolour remake of The Prisoner of Zenda, followed by The Grand Budapest Hotel), I was in need of a lie-in. No such luck, as the demon spawn upstairs decided that destroying furniture while screaming at the tops of their lungs was a good idea at 9am on a Sunday...

...and to top it all, the world turned white overnight (which will make a trip to the shops that little bit more tedious than usual)!

Hey ho. We might as well welcome the arrival of winter proper with a suitable number, courtesy of former Edwin Starr protégé turned Hi-NRG singer Mis Laura Pallas:


Let's hope I stay vertical.

6 comments:

  1. The Grand Budapest Hotel.....I'm there... and I love the idea of a film club to view campery and drink copiously !!!! Seems it snowed the world over...we too had our first snow fall. But it is already warming back up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Grand Budapest Hotel has definitely become one of my favourite movies, ever! And yes, our snow was already turning to grey slush as I slipped and slid my way round the shops, looking for some stout winter shoes. Jx

      Delete
    2. Stout winter shoes? This I have to see.

      Delete
  2. That is the dahlias done for this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "black garden" is all that's left. All the easier to dig up and move, I guess... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]