Saturday 22 September 2018

I got my beer in the sideboard here



Could there ever have been a more quintessentially London band than Chas'n'Dave?

With the sad news today that Chas Hodges, the piano-playing half of the eternally-loved "Cockney" duo [they were both actually North Londoners, born and bred not far from Dolores Delargo Towers; in Edmonton and Enfield respectively], has died, it's the end of an era for good old-fashioned sing-a-long songs, methinks.

By way of a tribute, here's a double-bill of their fabled "knees-up" numbers...



RIP, Chas [Charles Nicholas Hodges (28th December 1943 – 22nd September 2018)], me old mucker!

6 comments:

  1. Awww...nothing like a good old knees up round the joanna.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite so!
    I think I have fixed my Safari issues now. Cross fingers.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, indeed. I look forward to the Grand Re-opening of Scarlet Blue! Jx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. "Its all Boogie, Boogie, Boogie everywhere,
      And not a mention of Woogie and I dont think its fair.

      Poor old Mr Woogie..."


      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]