Saturday 1 September 2018

Like the sun through the trees


"The mellow time"? Pah!

Despite the fact it is lovely and warm and we have had hardly a cloud in the sky today, it is in fact the first day of Autumn*! {{shudders}}

...and we know a song about that, don't we, children?


Nasty blouse, dear.

[* The months of Autumn are September, October and November. However in America, for some reason, Autumn (or "fall", as they would have it) is counted as being between the autumn equinox (21st September) and the mid-winter solstice (21st December). Lord only knows why...]

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, what a delightfully overgrown back passage you have.

    And, yes, that is a nasty blouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been out there most of the day pottering with my unruly bush - and indeed, if I had anything like that in my wardrobe, I don't think I'd be seen out in public, let alone on the telly-box! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]