Monday 9 September 2019

A rose by any other name



And so, the cycle begins once more - yet again the office beckons...

Hey ho. To cheer us up on this Tacky Music Monday, in my hankering for something sunny and summery I came across this "delight" - apparently the second best-selling single in the Netherlands in the summer of '76, it supplanted ABBA's Dancing Queen at the top of their charts, and was so popular that in 2005 (the band's 40th anniversary) it was re-released and hit the charts all over again.

The dead-eyed stares! The over-acting (and distinctly creepy) male singer! The bad French pronunciation! The hideous resort!

It's bizarre, to say the least:


Have a great week, dear reader.

8 comments:

  1. I did raise an eyebrow when the man appeared. Very peculiar. All of it.
    Happy Monday!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odd lot, the Dutch!

      "Monday" and "happy" don't combine very well, actually. Jx

      Delete
  2. Hmmm I will wait for the remix methinks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, I couldn't continue watching after that slattern in the white bikini stubbed her cigarette out in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An array of teak-coloured lovelies in that audience, methinks. Classy. Jx

      Delete
  4. Things are different in other countries and decades ago. That would have been a hard sell over here in the country founded by religious pilgrim zealots who didn't want to pay their taxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what tax has to do with tacky, but... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]