Monday 30 September 2019

I'ts never too late to have a fling; for Autumn is just as nice as Spring



Sixty-five years on from the original (at the time record-breaking) run in the West End of Sandy Wilson's The Boy Friend, the show's appeal shows no sign of diminishing. We went to see a production at the Regent's Park Open Air Theatre in 2006, and now it's back - in a new revival at the Menier Chocolate Factory!

What better way to cheer us up this Tacky Music Monday - after a murky weekend, and with the prospect of a dismal week in work to come - than with one of the show's jolliest numbers...

...with puppets?!


"Whack-a-doo, Whack-a-doo, Whack-a-doo!" Indeed.

Have a great week, peeps!

9 comments:

  1. I believe your Monday rain has made it up here now. Fortunately, it's too late to ruin my Monday now (last day of hols before going back to work tomorrow)!
    Still, it's almost over now. Only four days until the weekend! Whack-a-doo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now That's What I Call The Best Now Repetition In The World!

      I've been watching too many sock puppets. I need a lie down. Jx

      PS The last day of a holiday is always the absolute worst...

      Delete
  2. Oh! The Boyfriend! Wonderful!!
    As for the rain - it is very soggy in Devon...now.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Boop-a-Doop, Boop-a-Doop, Boop-a-Doop!"

      Jx

      Delete
  3. Ah! Joyful. Boop-a-doop boop-a-doop boop-a-doop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could quite see you as "Dulcie", now you come to mention it... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]