Tuesday 17 September 2019

Give me one more chance to keep you satisfied



Probably my favourite band, ever [erm - I'll probably change my mind on that score next week, or the week after], Mr Neil Tennant and Mr Chris Lowe aka Pet Shop Boys pulled out all the stops for their only live UK gig this year - at the annual Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park event on Sunday! Headlining a full-day festival of feelgood nostalgia, with acts such as Status Quo, Simply Red and Bananarama preceding them (as well as Westlife, Clean Bandit and someone called Kelsea Ballerini [nope; me neither]), they were in their element - with a set full of hits [and a new single to boot], such as these...

Enjoy! I did [Via the BBC iPlayer].






Utterly fab-u-lous!

The Boys' performance is available (for those who can get it) on the BBC iPlayer for the next 28 days.

4 comments:

  1. I had a friend who went on the Saturday for Barry Manilow - apparently he was excellent! I would have liked to have seen Bananarama.
    Obviously the Pet Shop Boys are the best though :-)
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We saw him ten years ago at Proms in the Park (when it actually was The Proms in the Park, rather than a standalone concert with no link to the Hall), and yes - he was excellent.

      Pet Shop Boys are the consummate performers, however. In a way, I wish I could have been there. Jx

      Delete
  2. The BBC seem to put all there effort into this for a couple of years now to the great detriment of Proms in the Park, Perhaps we should think of going next year.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]