Friday 6 September 2019

From Liverpool To Wales I wanna hear the music pumping



Sharing a birthday with a mixed bag of luminaries such as CeCe Peniston, Idris Elba, Laugh-in veteran Jo Anne Worley, songwriter Jackie Trent, one of London's great landowners Lady Anne Cavendish-Bentinck, Pink Floyd's Roger Waters, the original "Nosferatu" Max Schreck, MAD magazine cartoonist Sergio Aragonés, Dolores O’Riordan of The Cranberries, and - erm - Buster Bloodvessel from Bad Manners, the late, great Sylvester (James) would have been 72 today.

To get us in the mood for the celebration that is the weekend (yay!), let's have something a little different from the great gay icon himself - a number from his later career, when he ventured into the electro-tinged (sometimes known as "New-Beat") crossover territory that marked the slow decline of Hi-NRG and the ascendancy of House and Techno music. Regardless of what you call it, however, let's just Thank Disco It's Friday!!


Have a great weekend, peeps!

7 comments:

  1. WHAT a coincidence - 9/6 is also MY 65th birthday! I am in VERY good company! and yes, let's ALL OF US be gay - the world would be a better place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A belated Happy Birthday, Anne Marie! I trust it was a good one.

      Delete
    2. Rock your box, Anne Marie! Jx

      Delete
  2. It's here! We made it! Happy weekend, Jon!
    (I don't usually wish for the weekend, but this week I did as it's been a tiring/annoying/sore/sleepless week)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find this season very unsettling too - the other night I flicked the heating on for an hour, it was so dank... Jx

      Delete
  3. A 72 year old Sylvester. unimaginable.
    He will be forever young and missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'd be my #1 casting for a remake of The Golden Girls! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]