Saturday 7 September 2019

The sun doesn't answer


An array of autumnal colours in the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers.

It's that most depressing of seasons again. Despite it only being the first week of September - and we are still enjoying the glimmer of warm sunshine by day - with the blustery winds and colder nights over the past few days, the realisation that autumn is on its way has begun to hit home. The sun is noticeably lower in the sky, sunsets are getting earlier and earlier, and loads of our plants have set or are setting seed.

You can keep your "season of mists and mellow fruitfulness", sorry! - I want summer to last a bit longer, thank you...

...something like this:


Why can't he give her his love
No more again
Tears on her face, the dove
She cries, she knows
She won't be able to fly
Away from him
She'll look a red rose in the spring
No she won't be able to sing
Songs of love

I'll open up my heart
I'll be loving you forever and ever
I'll be part of you
In the way I do
Come into my life so I can sing

And then she questions the sun
Why, why me
The sun doesn't answer
Oh God, can you help me
The answer is easy my love
You've built your own jail
You've always been part of the sky
So why d'you keep staying by his side
Away from me

I'll open up my heart
I'll be loving you forever and ever
I'll be part of you
In the way I do
Come into my life so I can sing

I'll be loving you forever and ever
I'll be part of you
In the way I do
Come into my life so I can sing

She's a white dove
An angel in disguise
She fell in love with the man
But this man won't give back her love

So this is her cry
This is her cry
This is her cry

I'll open up my heart
I'll be loving you forever and ever
I'll be part of you
In the way I do
Come into my life so I can sing.


Sigh.

6 comments:

  1. The sky, for me, is lighter by almost 6am.but the mornings are chilly.Not to say damn' cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all comparative, my sweet - "damn cold" there in the tropical Gold Coast would probably be an average summer here! Jx

      Delete
  2. I don't mind Autumn so long as it doesn't rain and the wind goes and blows somewhere else. This morning is chilly, but there is a glowing Autumnal misty thing going on - which I like. Tomorrow doesn't look so nice.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People do rave about Autumn - the colours and the harvests, and so on - but I just see it as the season of death. Jx

      Delete
  3. That's a lovely thingy (thunbergia?) clambering about your fuchsia!

    I have just looked at the weather forecast for the coming week, and temperatures are on the rise! Not that that will stop the lazy old sun from rising later and setting earlier. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed Thunbergia ("Black-Eyed Susan") - the colours are nice enough, but a bit muted, so we're thinking of reverting back to the traditional blazing orange variety next year. It's degrees warmer today, and if next week's nice too, that will cheer me up a bit (despite spending most of it behind glass in the office). We're about to move our bench further down the garden to adjust to the ever-decreasing evening sunshine at this time of year, however... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]