Friday 13 September 2019

Because it's only make believe



Another week drags slowly to a close, and we keep our fingers crossed on this day of superstitions...

Tonight, Madam Arcati and I plan to go and see the big-screen episode of Downton Abbey, so that is something to look forward to, but in the meantime let's get ourselves in the right sort of mood for a party weekend, in the company of a Diva who always brings us some cheer. And luck, of course...


In my imagination
There is no complication
I dream about you all the time
In my mind, a celebration
The sweetest of sensation
Thinking you could be mine

In my imagination
There is no hesitation
We walk together hand in hand
I'm dreaming
You fell in love with me
Like I'm in love with you
But dreaming's all I do
If only they'd come true

I should be so lucky
Lucky, lucky, lucky
I should be so lucky in love
I should be so lucky
Lucky, lucky, lucky
I should be so lucky in love

It's a crazy situation
You always keep me waiting
Because it's only make believe
And I would come a-running
To give you all my loving
If one day, you would notice me

My heart is close to breaking
And I can't go on faking
The fantasy that you'll be mine
I'm dreaming
That you're in love with me
Like I'm in love with you
But dreaming's all I do
If only they'd come true

I should be so lucky
Lucky, lucky, lucky
I should be so lucky in love
I should be so lucky
Lucky, lucky, lucky
I should be so lucky in love


Thank Disco Kylie It's Friday (the Thirteenth)!

Have a good one, peeps.

8 comments:

  1. Kylie always has the yummiest Safety Gays! Lucky cow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky, lucky, lucky, indeed. That's why she's known as "smiley Kylie", I guess. Jx

      Delete
  2. I wanna come, I wanna come, I wanna come!!!! I can't wait to see the Downton Film!!!!!! I am overexcited on your behalf.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "At my age, one must ration one's excitement." - Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham

      Jx

      Delete
  3. Downton opens in Canada on the 20th. I've been watching all the PBS special "teaser" shows about it. I, too, am swooning over the fact that you're going to see it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Patmore: "I like that Rudolph Valentino. He makes me shiver all over."
      Mr. Carson: "What a very disturbing thought."

      Jx

      Delete
  4. If I was Kylie (and I'm not so lucky) I would have yanked those towels right off those guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before or after you leapt out of the bath wearing a pink basque and sparkly knickers?! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]