Sunday 24 May 2020

Don't know what I want, but I know how to get it



After the hurricane yesterday that brought down one [just one, unfortunately] of the hideous weedy trees that surround and shade the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers, we've spent today humping and shifting [oo-er] the pots around, potting-up and watering - to begin the transition between the late Spring flowers that are going over and (to give prominence to) those specimens that are going to give us the greatest show for the rest of the year.

And here, to accompany our sunny Sunday efforts - the Sex Pistols as you've never heard them before!


The Puppini Sisters

11 comments:

  1. I will have to revisit in the morning to have a proper listen!
    That wind was ridiculous! Cold, and made my eyes water. Can't believe I'm wearing a coat at the end of May.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to be hot again tomorrow, so you'll be back in your knitted bikini before you know it... Jx

      Delete
  2. The squirrels and chipmunks are digging in my front garden where I just happened to have planted today. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tip of the day: plastic picnic forks, wooden satay skewers, anything spiky pointing upward out of the soil tends to keep the buggers away. They also dislike digging through gravel, and are allegedly deterred by strong smells such as garlic or chilli powder. Jx

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tips. I enjoy having the little critters around but I'd also like to see the seeds have the chance to sprout.

      Delete
    3. Squirrels are just rats with mink coats. They're vermin. Jx

      Delete
  3. Arrangements are everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um - as in gardening gear, or as in close-harmony girl-groups? Jx

      Delete
    2. Both, but I had the latter in mind.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The Puppinis are so much fun! I've met them, you know... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]