Sunday 3 May 2020

I really, really wanna zigazig, ah


Pest control is always a problem at this time of year in the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers.

The weather remains stubbornly grey out there, although I think the hailstorms are over for the time being - so we may spend a little time in the garden today tending to our burgeoning plant collection...

As is customary on a Sunday, we need some appropriately swinging choons to chivvy us along - and what better to start with than a long-overdue visit from the superb talents of our beloved Postmodern Jukebox?

Baby, Scary, Ginger, Sporty and Posh never sounded quite like this!


Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox

4 comments:

  1. I never really liked "Wannabe" but that was delightful!

    I've just taken some rescued foxglove seedlings and a lupin from my sister up to the allotment. And when I got there, I spent most of my time squashing all the bloody aphids on the lupin, and carefully digging up bindweed roots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lupins are a magnet for every pest under the sun, we've found - slugs, aphids, caterpillars, mildew, you name it - and although the flowers are spectacular, they don't last long before going over. Not a perfect "spot plant", methinks - probably best planted en masse. Do you know if the plant from your sister is an F1 hybrid or a named variety? If it's a good variety, you could collect the seeds and they'll "come true". If it's just one from a mix, you'd be best not bothering. Like Hollyhocks, they all too often revert to some rather nasty "dead flesh" colours. Jx

      PS Hurrah for the foxgloves!

      Delete
  2. The Spice Girls never sounded so good. Post Modern Juke Box makes some amazing music! Everything about this number is excellent. Great delivery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PMJ never fail to astonish us with their inventiveness! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]