Monday 25 May 2020

Mucho gusto


[A view up my back passage]


{The wreckage of the ghastly tree that used to shade our midday garden - one down, several more to go]

Another glorious day - and it is a Bank Holiday, to boot!

After moving just about everything in the garden around yesterday, today was just a day for pottering, and basically enjoying the sunshine, topping up the tans.

Despite being still in lockdown and unable to go anywhere, the weather has made it all a bit more bearable. I just hope this self-isolation business all lifts before we start planning our next holiday to Spain...

...because on this Tacky Music Monday, here's the effervescent Señorita Durcal to remind us of the kind of entertainment we've become accustomed to expect!


Have a good week, dear reader.

6 comments:

  1. Your back passage is quite famous and renowned!!! And years ago I did a Spanish number and my ensemble was almost a exact replica of that dress that Rocio Durcal has own. I wonder if that where my seamstress saw it? I later had the ensemble reworked, the mid section removed and made into the head wrap, with a foot high of fruit added, and used it for a Carmen Miranda number I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very proud of my back passage. It has had many admirers over the years...

      As for your "Rocio number" - the lady was obviously an inspiration to us all.

      Jx

      Delete
  2. Your faboo patio garden (compared to mine in cloudy Seattle) is giving me serious blossom envy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep on planting, sweetie - the clouds will lift eventually and you too could be surrounded by blooms... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]