Friday 22 May 2020

But you, you think I'm not that kind of girl



Oooh!

Yesterday I spoke of simple pleasures in life, such as jasmine, lounge music and sunshine as being ideal ways to relax our minds in these strange times. Here's another, perhaps even more rewarding, way I'd like to ease some tensions - with today's birthday boy...

[Full video here]

Before I ruin another pair of knickers watching that, however, there are plenty of other reasons to celebrate - it is almost the weekend (and another Bank Holiday, to boot), it's almost pay day (even if there's nowhere to go to spend it) and there's more sunny and warm weather afoot, so let's travel back (scarily) twenty years this week to when this unforgettable little number was at the top of our charts, and...

...Thank Disco It's Friday!!


Have a faboo long weekend, dear reader!

8 comments:

  1. Is that cork popping implying something? Madison Avenue?!?! I have two of their cd's Great from start to finish.

    We have a four day holiday weekend...but since not working since 12th of March it's all such a blur…..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me? Pop my cork over Tom Daley? As if.

      Working from home has at least given the past eight weeks a modicum of structure, but not having anything else to do nor anyone else to see does mean that our "normal" regimen of shaving, getting dressed in anything other than shorts, and basically occupying our minds with things apart from the web, the radio, the telly and the garden does make days begin to blur into each other... Jx

      Delete
  2. Such a sweet boy that Tom Daley. He is from my home town you know.
    and I great Summer anthem to go with it to boot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to have thought either one of us would have "bumped into" Tom down the cruising grounds at The Hoe, but he was actually only five years old when we both left Plymouth... My, how he's grown. Jx

      Delete
  3. Bank Holiday? I'm blurred out as well! Surely it was only yesterday that it was VE day?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrifyingly, it's less than four weeks till Mid-Summer's Day! Jx

      Delete
  4. I'll be writing to Father Christmas soon.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]