Thursday 21 May 2020

Pleasure is our principle



Come in the garden, Love,
Come and enjoy the jasmine bloom;
It blooms for you.


The greatest joy in the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers at the moment is the heavenly scent of our magnificent Jasminum polyanthum - finally paying us back for years of nurturing [and suffering; its buds have been devastated by winter gales, not least the "Beast from the East", several years running]. You only have to step out of the back door and the perfume is overwhelming...

Another ideal way to "de-stress" in these lockdown, confined-to-quarters times is, of course, to wallow in the lives of impossibly glamorous people in exotic locations once again - courtesy of the ever-reliable Soft Tempo Lounge!


Heavenly, indeed.

[Music: Alan Moorhouse - Now and Then]

9 comments:

  1. I can just imagine it's intoxicating scent. What better to have a listen and a gin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a jasmine bush right outside our door, too, but it's still too young to be that magnificent! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one's at least three, if not four years old, and it is the first time we have had a show like this! Jx

      Delete
  3. I probably shouldn't mention this, but jasmines are all a bit on the thuggish side here in tropical climes. Of course, that has not stopped me planting half a dozen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine that several of the plants we grow here as ornamental climbers - including Ipomoea, Cobaea and Asarina - would become rampant in tropical areas if left unchecked. Over here, Russian Vine and Virginia Creeper are both now categorised as "invasive species", yet began as ornamental specimens. We should thank our lucky stars we're in a temperate and seasonal zone, I guess. Jasmine is so gorgeous, however, I'd forgive it... Jx

      Delete
    2. I can imagine it being a thug. I cut ours back by half last year. With garden shears !

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed wallowing in pleasure with 'Soft Tempo'
    Am enjoying the scent of Jasmine.
    But will have to wait for the Gin as it is only 7.30 am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the immortal words of WC Fields: “I never drank anything stronger than gin before breakfast.”

      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]