Sunday 10 May 2020

When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely


Geranium "Johnson's Blue" is bursting with colour in the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers, despite everything.

Weird weather. April was unseasonably hot and sunny, now May is behaving more like April should have - we basked in sunshine and 25C/77F temperatures yesterday; tomorrow it's forecast to be 12C/53F, with a drop to 4C/39F overnight! WTF?

Regardless of the sudden chill winds, the garden is throwing flowers out right, left and centre - the alliums, geraniums, iris, thalictrum, aquilegia, jasmine and fuchsias are all covered in buds and blooms. Even if we can't sit out there at the moment, it's a joy to look at through our kitchen window...

...meanwhile, it's clear that whatever Boris announces later today, we're still going to be in lockdown for a while yet. To tie thoughts of weather and self-isolation neatly together, here's another (corny) message from Postmodern Jukebox!


The dog is the star.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're in Canada. It's traditional. Jx

      Delete
  2. Gosh that was fab
    I do love a bit of P M J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes a change to hear that song without wincing, doesn't it? Jx

      Delete
  3. You know I LOVE PMJ and I had thought I'd seen every one of their videos. NOT this. And it's amazing. Thanks, I needed that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome, sweetie! Jx

      Delete
  4. Flipping freezing here - the heating came on again.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours, too - not what you expect in mid-May. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]