Tuesday 12 May 2020

Recommended daily portions?


Seven weeks into staying in all day with nothing to do but eat, we’re all already fat. But how much fatter will you get? Find out:

How many meals do you eat a day?

A) Three, of course.
B) We’re now up to around seven. It could be more, but the eating is so continuous they blend into each other.

Do you know how much cheese is the recommended daily portion?

A) A surprisingly small piece, around the size of a matchbox.
B) I walk around the house taking bites of a wedge of cheese like it was a slice of toast. So probably a lump about the size of my own head?

Where are you reading this?

A) In the park which I’m running round rapidly while doing quizzes on my phone to keep my mind active as well as my body.
B) Slumped on the stairs because the sofa has Deliveroo boxes on it from last night that I can’t be bothered to move, and because my body now provides its own cushioning.

What’s first dinner?

A) What? Dinner isn’t a numbered meal.
B) First dinner comes before second dinner. Second dinner is what comes before supper. It’s simple. You have to maintain some coherent logic in these challenging times.

ANSWERS

Mostly As: You will emerge from lockdown no more than ten pounds heavier, which you will talk about constantly while your bloated colleagues stare blankly at you.

Mostly Bs: If you emerge from lockdown at all, you will look like Jabba the Hutt. But so will everyone else so it’ll be normal, so keep eating the Hobnobs.
The Daily Mash

Of course.

10 comments:

  1. I have stopped buying a huge block of cheese in favour of a smaller block of cheese, AND I have stopped buying Digestive biscuits. It was all getting out of hand, as this post describes. My weight is similar to the UK's Coronavirus death graph, but at least it is now coming down - I'm sure there will be blips along the way, and the need for a lockdown against the resurgence of eating all the chocolate in one day.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My stomach's also reminiscent of one of those bulging line graphs at the moment, but hey ho. Nothing in this life would ever tempt me to eat raw carrots or rye bread, or any of the other "recommended" healthy options. Not while there's crisps. Jx

      Delete
  2. I would have no problem being Jabba the Hut...as long as I have Salacious B Crumb at my side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not add a Kowakian monkey-lizard to your growing menagerie of houseboys? Jx

      Delete
  3. Do you remember the fat dancer in Return of the Jedi? That's me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found two chocolate Lindt bunnies the other day that I'd bought ages ago for my nieces but forgot I had. I put them on my bookshelf out of the way, but - rather foolishly - where I could see them. After aeons and aeons of temptation - almost ten minutes! - I grabbed one and fell upon it in a scene that could have come from Watership Down.
    Now the other one is trying to hide behind a Star Trek book, but it can't evade me forever. Soon, it will join the Black Rabbit and Frith while I gorge on its physical body!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I eat cannibal
      Feed on animal
      Your love is so edible to me
      I eat cannibals"


      ...comes to mind. Jx

      Delete
  5. I'm firmly sticking to only 3 meals a day. It's the snacks that are beyond counting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If those meals last four hours each, then snacking merely serves as the "glue" between them... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]