Sunday 8 November 2020

If you're fond of sand dunes and salty air


I deserve a lazy Sunday...

Along with a wide-ranging and eclectic gang of fellow "famous names", including Ken Dodd, sex god Alain Delon (who is 85!), out-lesbian reggae singer Diana King, Nerys Hughes, Virna Lisi, Dr Christiaan Barnard, Leif Garrett, Bonnie Raitt, Richard Curtis, June Havoc, Gordon Ramsay, Bram Stoker, Rickie Lee Jones, Edmond Halley, Marie Prevost, Minnie Riperton, Arnold Bax, Margaret Mitchell, Roy Wood, Sam Sparro and (ahem) Chi Chi LaRue, it would have been the birthday today of Miss Patti Page.

Most famous for her Tennessee Waltz [which was her only (minor) hit in the UK, eclipsed by Alma Cogan's later version] and (How Much Is) That Doggie in the Window? [which was a big hit in the UK for Lita Roza], her vocals were nonetheless immortalised in the late 1990s, courtesy of a pair of electronic music wizards from South London...

Perfect "Sunday Music", indeed...

8 comments:

  1. I'm extremely fond of sand dunes, especially the ones in Gran Canaria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I got in Maspalomas was bitten by bloody sand flies. Jx

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love "At the river" but I haven't heard it in ages. I'm going to have to ferret it out from whereever it is in my CD shelf now.

    That's what I meant to do today: sort out my bookshelves. Drat! Too late now. Maybe tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The amazing thing about this pandemic lockdown stuff is no matter how much time one we've had at home, and all "those jobs" we thought we'd get done because of it, the "to do" list remains almost the same length as it was back in March. Jx

      Delete
  3. I was going to slap this on my blog a couple of weeks back! It's gorgeous.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a huge trend at the time for ambient/lounge/chillout music, as I recall. Must have been all the drugs. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]