Thursday 21 April 2022

For to start the day, you see


Happy 96th bithday, Your Majesty!

As well as raising a toast to our beloved Queen, we British have something else that is intrinsic to our very being to celebrate - for it is National Tea Day!

So let's roll down the rug and get fruggin', you hep cats...

Some folks put much reliance
On politics and science
There's only one hero for me
His praise we should be roaring
The man who thought of pouring
The first boiling water onto tea

I like a nice cup o' tea in the morning
For to start the day, you see
And at 'alf past eleven
Well my idea of 'eaven is a nice cup o' tea

I like a nice cup o' tea with me dinner
And a nice cup o' tea with me tea
And when it's time for bed
There's a lot to be said for a nice cup o' tea

You can talk about your science
And your airships in the sky
I can do without the wireless
And you'll never see me fly
The public benefactor
Of the universe for me
Is the genius that thought of
Pouring water onto tea

I like a nice cup o' tea in the morning
For to start the day, you see
And when I set the breakfast things
Well, my idea of sin is a fourth or a fifth cup o' tea

I like a nice cup o' tea with me dinner
And a nice cup o' tea with me tea
And when it's time for bed
There's a lot to be said for a nice cup o' tea

They say it's not nutritious
But still it is delicious
And that's all that matters to me
It turns your meat to leather
But let's all die together
The one drink in Paradise is tea

I like a nice cup o' tea in the morning
For to start the day, you see
And at 'alf past eleven
Well my idea of 'eaven is a nice cup o' tea

I like a nice cup o' tea with me dinner
And a nice cup o' tea with me tea
And when it's time for bed
As I think I may 'ave said, I'd like a nice cup o' tea

You can talk about your liberties
They talk of women's rights
I don't want to make no speeches
'Cause the one that does is fired
And anyone can 'ave me toast
And chuck it in the sea
But golly, there'd be trouble
If they tried to touch me tea

I like a nice cup o' tea with me dinner
And a nice cup o' tea with me tea
And when it's getting late
Almost anything can wait for a nice cup o' tea

I'll be drinking it all day, sweetie.

10 comments:

  1. I hope that I'm abroad when she joins the celestial choir. Can you imagine the news coverage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There won't be anything else on but news and sombre music for weeks, I imagine... Jx

      Delete
  2. I like a nice cup of tea in the morning - and it is nutritious!
    I hope the Queen makes it to the Jubilee festivities - and I wish Harry would shut up like he promised he would.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all hoping she'll be able to get to whatever ceremonies she can - heaven knows why she doesn't use a wheelchair. A gold-encrusted one, of course! Jx

      Delete
  3. The Queen (and her horsies) look a damn sight better than that god-awful Barbie abomination! https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a39788086/barbie-doll-queen-elizabeth-platinum-jubilee/

    I'm just the customary few steps behind you, Ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that crock of shit in the papers today! I imagine there'll be a Kate one soon - and probably a Meghan voodoo-dolly, complete with pins, for the tabloid editors... Jx

      Delete
  4. Looks like the Queen just came back from a trip to Middle Earth. I'm sure the Shire has nice tea at any rate. The Orcs probably drink tobacco spit or something akin. Ew, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her Majesty the Hobbit? Jx

      Delete
    2. Hahaha

      She seems like a nice person. I wouldn't be rude and call her a hobbit, just a person who has visited the Shire, like Gandalf.

      Delete
    3. "A lord of wisdom throned she sat,
      swift in anger, quick to laugh;
      an old woman in a battered hat
      who leaned upon a thorny staff."


      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]