Tuesday 12 April 2022

If I kiss you in the garden, in the moonlight


Back to the office today...

Another day, another raft of ill-matched set of birthdays, including the incomparable Ann Miller, Montserrat Caballé, David Cassidy, Herbie Hancock, Bobby Moore, Hardy Krüger, Lily Pons, Oliver Postgate, David Letterman, Helen Forrest, Alan Ayckbourn, Elspet Gray, Andy Garcia, Jacob Zuma, Sarah Cracknell, Jeremy Beadle...

...and Tiny Tim, who would have been 90 years old today!

It could only be one song, really...

Hope you were all singing along, folks!

8 comments:

  1. Oh how I loved Laugh-In. I even had the the LPs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember it - but I'm not sure whether it was on our screens here for very long. Jx

      Delete
  2. I wont say you let me (us?) down, but I would have preferred Freddie and La Caballeona doing "Barcelona" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1fiOJDXA-E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiny, Tiny Tim. What was the name of that rag muffin he married... ah, yes... Miss Vicki, wasn't it? Yes... a marriage arranged in hell, I'm sure. Can you imagine... did they get married on television or something. As a small child I was terrified of Tiny Tim. Then I saw A Christmas Carol starring Alister Sims and thought... oh, that poor little boy. He grew up to be a monster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remarkably, he married several times. Such a catch. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]