Thursday 23 February 2023

A work of art!

Activists have poured yellow and blue paint on the road just outside the Russian embassy in London in a striking show of solidarity with Ukraine.

"Tomorrow is the first anniversary of Putin's imperialist invasion of Ukraine, an independent state and a people with every right to self-determination.

"The existence of a massive Ukrainian flag outside his embassy in London will serve to remind him of that." - Led By Donkeys campaign group

They should have been given medals, not arrested.

10 comments:

  1. It made the national news hee, but not about the arrests. I hope they were released quickly. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. This was an absolutely inspired protest!

      Jx

      Delete
  2. A very powerful statement and impossible to ignore.
    Hope they are released without charge soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mayor, for what he's worth, should make this a permanent feature! Jx

      Delete
  3. Agreed, genius idea! Though I did wonder what type of paint they used, and what it would do to tyres. And then I went all health and safety in my head.
    But I don't think they should have been arrested.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a few yellow or blue paint-spattered tyres would be worth it for such a statement, tbh. Jx

      Delete
    2. Well, it could have been very interesting if it was gloss paint!!! I was worried about the first cars skidding and having an accident.
      Sx

      Delete
    3. Apparently they used "high-standard, non-toxic, solvent-free, eco-friendly, fast-dry edible paint designed for making road art". I wouldn't fancy eating anything scraped up off a London street, myself. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]