Saturday 18 February 2023

Just Panties

Sad news. Again.

The vivacious Miss Stella Stevens has joined the growing throng of "va-va-voom girls" in the Tiki Lounge of Fabulon. She's a great loss!

Let's revisit a tribute I did to the lady way back in 2016 on the occasion of her 80th birthday...

...Stella Stevens: "star" of such "classics" as A Town Called Bastard, Monster in the Closet, Dangerous Curves , Attack of the 5 Ft. 2 Women [I'm not making this up, you know!], Megaconda and... The Poseidon Adventure!

Never one to take herself too seriously, Miss Stevens appeared in just about every tacky American "cult TV" series, including The Love Boat, Murder She Wrote, Fantasy Island, Flamingo Road, The Father Dowling Mysteries, Hart To Hart and Magnum PI, and was landed with such esoteric character names as "Lute-Mae Sanders", "'Mama Jo' Max", "Muffy Fuller", "'Lolly' Zachary van der Post" and "Appassionata Von Climax". But it is for her role as the sassy tart-with-a-heart "Linda Rogo" in that aforementioned blockbuster, possibly the campiest disaster movie ever made, that we remember her most.


Yes! A Linda Rogo doll! I want one...

And on that occasion, I made a real discovery - some clever bastards out there had made a rather camp musical version of the Poseidon Adventure - Poseidon!. From it, here is "Linda"'s show-stopper:

I love it, and wish someone would stage it here in London. It would be a smash!

I only hope Miss Stevens appreciated it.

RIP, Stella Stevens (born Estelle Eggleston, 1st October 1936 - 17th February 2023)

12 comments:

  1. I will always enjoy her in my New Year's Day classic viewing, The Poseidon Adventure as the brassy, swearing like a sailor Linda Rogo. I still laugh like hell when her character said of Bellel Rosen-" I'm going next in case old fat ass gets stuck"

    I Ms Stevens was also a playmate three times I believe. Not that I'd have had any interest in seeing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I somehow guessed she'd be one of your inspirations, Maddie:

      " I saw a young officer on deck the other day, and he looked DAMN familiar... even with his clothes on."

      Jx

      Delete
  2. I'm with Mistress M on the fat ass line!! Ack, all these stars dropping like flies - make it stop.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like conveyor belt of faboo actresses waving their last wave at the moment... Jx

      Delete
  3. This video is a keeper. Just panties, THAT'S what I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a hilarious number, and the musical deserves to be revived - if only because I'd love to see it on stage. Jx

      Delete
    2. "To help you succeed..." How did I not see this gem before now? Thanks, Jon

      Delete
    3. You're welcome, sweetie! Jx

      Delete
  4. I always think of her with Jerry Lewis in The Nutty Professor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely like to think of Jerry Lewis. Jx

      Delete
  5. She seemed a fun type of girl.
    Love the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine Our Sal singing it 🤣 Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]