Monday 6 March 2023

Eat them up, yum

Yes indeed, it is time once more to wake up screaming, as a lovely weekend has fizzled away to be replaced by another joyous week of bollocks. Sigh.

Never mind, eh? News of the sad death of Robert Haimer [who? I hear you ask] gives me yet another excuse (as if any were needed) on this Tacky Music Monday to play one of his finest works, by way of a wake-up call!

Facts:

  • Mr Haimer's "partner-in-crime" in Barnes & Barnes was none other than ickle "Will Robinson" in Lost in Space, Billy Mumy.
  • The Fish Heads video was produced by (and stars) the late Bill Paxton, of Aliens, Apollo 13 and Twister fame.
  • The song was inevitably championed by the cult hero Dr Demento from its debut in 1978, and as of 2019, it remained the most-requested song of all time on his radio show; the good Doctor appeared as a wino in the video.

RIP, Robert Haimer (2nd March 1954 – 4th March 2023). I do hope they play this at your send-off.

Have a good week, dear reader.

8 comments:

  1. I had never seen this video from the beginning. What a cast of characters. I had no vclue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably shouldn't have clicked on this just after breakfast...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "In the morning,
      Laughing happy fish heads,
      In the evening,
      Floating in the soup."


      Bon appetit! Jx

      Delete
  3. I kind of remember this! Deary me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a classic. Right up there alongside Bohemian Rhapsody and Stairway to Heaven. Ahem. Jx

      Delete
  4. A classic and a joy.
    Eat them up - Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes me back to those days when we used to seek out and download the weirdest tracks on the internet - from the likes of April Winchell and WMFU's "365 project" - and make compilation CDs. Happy times, as our vast CD collection can attest. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]