Monday 13 March 2023

Nana's on the piano again!


RIP, the satirical cartoonist Bill Tidy

After a pleasant weekend (the weather was a helluva lot milder than forecast, and Madam Arcati had a Sunday off for change so we were able to spend yesterday at the garden centre and have a Wetherspoons lunch together), it's all over too soon - so it's back to the grind again.

For some bizarre reason known only to my inner psyche, this song was a bit of an earworm over the weekend [I didn't hear it on the radio, nor in a pub; there's no particular identifiable reason for it] - so, on this Tacky Music Monday, from 52 years ago, here's a one-hit-wonder that I adored as a child...

1971 was definitely a very different world, indeed.

Have a good week, dear reader...

14 comments:

  1. I wonder if Mouldy Old Dough ever made it to the States. If it did it never reached my ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a hit in Australia, New Zealand and Canada, but the USA was spared the madness... Jx

      Delete
  2. I remember it well, as a child my mother would tuck me up in bed, sheets and blankets in those days, then she'd play a compilation tape outside my bedroom door to help lull me to sleep, it was my sister who told me years later why she did this, it was so I didn't hear mam and dad making love (only she didn't say making love, she said fucking) downstairs, which would explain the high pitched shrieking noises I'd sometimes hear during the Brighouse and Rastrick's Floral Dance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band would be a bit of a passion-killer, I would have thought! Jx

      Delete
  3. One of Jarvis Cocker's desert island Discs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it got into your head because there are lots of articles in the media about mould removal?!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That video... can't... take... my eyes... off it. That woman? Enchanting. Those boys! That song. It will haunt my dreams...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My work here is done! Jx
      {{{manic laugh}}}

      Delete
  6. Loved it at the time ( I was only ittle) can't bear it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's because it was such a childhood favourite when I was eight years old that I can tolerate it nowadays. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]