Wednesday 22 March 2023

Dance and drink and screw

It's the centenary today of the birth of Marcel Marceau, the 80th birthday of George Benson, the 75th of Lord Andrew Lloyd-Webber, the 60th [gulp!] of Susanne Sulley of the Human League [and of The Beatles debut album Please Please Me], and the 50th of soulstress Beverley Knight, as well as the birthdays of Stephen Sondheim, Roger Whittaker, Chico Marx, Reese Witherspoon, Wilfrid Brambell, Stephanie Mills, Foo Foo Lammar, Leslie Thomas, Fanny Ardant, Karl Malden and Nicholas Monsarrat...

...and that of William Shatner...

...and last but not least our own, our very own, Star Trek's Number One Fan, Inexplicable DeVice!


I just had to repost this "face swap" again...

Just because - let's celebrate with a brilliant montage video featuring everyone's favourite "Captain" and his unbeatable tribute to BritPop, shall we?

Happy Birthday, Mr IDV!

16 comments:

  1. I don't remember that Star Trek dildo episode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's early morning here in Canada and I've just awoken. Perhaps I'm still dreaming? I feel I'm in a Star Trek nightmare everywhere I go!

    Nonetheless, happy birthday, Mr. DeVice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly can't be awake, Very Mistress, as you didn't even mention William Shatner's Warty Wand!

      Delete
    2. I didn't notice the tremendous wartiness of it at first glance! Shocking, even to the likes of me.

      Delete
    3. That's saying something... Jx

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Jon! I've never seen the "Common People" clip show video before - most amusing, and a very suitable birthday present x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it - hours' worth of "shopping", that was! Jx

      Delete
  4. How absolutely cool! You put together an excellent birthday post, sweetpea! Happy Birthday, IDV! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless. Thank you, Savvy! I think Mr DeVice liked it. Jx

      Delete
  5. Mr Devine looks so smart in his uniform! I've never heard this rendition of Common People, so thank you for that!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did these people grow so old, while I... remain the picture of Dorian Gray?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where else other than your blog would the names, Stephen Sondheim and Roger Whittaker appear in the same sentence.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]