Friday 9 February 2024

I let it get away; been payin' every day


The weekend can't come soon enough!

Oh dear. Mr Henry Fambrough has spun off departed for the glitterball-illuminated "Discotheque-a-Go-Go" in Fabulon. Who? I hear you ask...

The last surviving member of the original Detroit Spinners, his distinctive baritone was to be heard on every record and at every live appearance by the band, from 1954 to April 2023, when he finally retired. Phew!

By way of a tribute, and to get the weekend off with an appropriate bang, here's a double-bill of the group's biggest hits here in the UK - so Thank Disco It's Friday!

[Their dance routines were always sooo literal.]

Have a great weekend, dear reader!

8 comments:

  1. What a career. A great group. So smooth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They exuded class. Whatever happened to that?

      Now, no one even says "oops" when they're
      Passing their gas
      Whatever happened to class?


      Jx

      Delete
  2. I heard about this on the news last night. They gave the poor gentleman all but a six second snippet. Pitiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And probably twenty minutes about the latest crap Taylor-bloody-Swift's been up to. Jx

      Delete
  3. WOW! I haven't heard "Cupid" in ages! You're right, they were pure class! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's been ages since I heard it, too! This pair of choons gave the band the comeback-to-beat-all-comebacks in the early 1980s... Jx

      Delete
  4. Pure class,
    Yes they were but the same can't be said about Legs & Co.
    How on earth did Flick Colby come up with the ideas for her imaginative choreography

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the answer to that question is "drugs". Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]