Saturday 10 February 2024

Kung Hei Fat Choi!

Happy Chinese New Year - the Year of the Dragon, indeed! [And everyone knows at least one of them, dear reader!]

Sad to say, apart from a load of "heavy metal" rock numbers and Puff The Magic Dragon, there is little I can find on the subject of Dragons in the musical repertoire that is worth playing...

So let's have this instead - a load of camp-as-tits Chinese queens flapping their fans about!

That'll do nicely.

I quite fancy some Char Siu and fried noodles for lunch now.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely, sweetpea! We're celebrating together! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get my Char Siu pork, unfortunately... Jx

      Delete
  2. Nouvel An Chinois :)
    Belle présentation de la culture unique de la Chine.
    Au Canada, Vancouver compte une importante population chinoise,
    beaucoup s'y sont installés lorsque Hong Kong est passée d'une colonie de couronne britannique à une entité sous contrôle chinois.
    *d'Anjou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Vancouver's Chinatown is the largest in Canada - hope you got to enjoy the festivities! Jx

      Delete
  3. Get the madam with the big fan

    I shall call this the year of; Idris !
    because he is the loveliest of Dragons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She desperately wants to be centre stage, doesn't she?

      Oh, Idris - he loves singing Land of My Fathers... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]