Monday, 20 July 2026

And I've learned to give the well-known witches' curse


Aaaargh! (again)

The eternal conundrum continues to baffle us - why do weekends fly by so damned quickly, yet the working weeks drag so tortuously?

Yet again, we're in need of a bit of a wake-up call.

How fortuitous then, that yesterday happened to be the 86th birthday of one Florencia Bisenta de Casillas-Martinez Cardona, better known as one of our fave divas here at Dolores Delargo Towers, Señorita Vikki Carr!

On this Tacky Music Monday, I think it's appropriate to revisit an old fave of hers that I have featured several times before. Simply because I adore this uber-camp Scopitone clip..!

Many happy returns, Vikki Carr (born 19th July 1940)

Have a good week, dear reader.

12 comments:

  1. She had such a great presence and showed so much personality. And he would have caught my fancy way back one. And my fancy was very particular. I love this video! Do you ever wonder why she took a professional name? Florencia Bisenta de Casillas-Martinez Cardona sure is catchy. Hope your Monday is moving painlessly along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There'd hardly be enough room on the record sleeve for a name like that! We love Vikki Carr, and her choice of safety gays... Jx

      Delete
  2. Oh god...another long full week. Is it the next vacation yet?

    Adore Vicki Carr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like a neat 60's trouser - so cool. Wish they still made them like that.
    Meanwhile, have a pain free week!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hers or his? I found his trousers far more interesting... 😉 Jx

      Delete
  4. Vikki! Those are some tight safety gays

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Vikki Carr. This is one of the many reasons why (so funny): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPRVn32x-sE&pp=ygUedmlra2kgY2FyciBzb2FwIG9wZXJhIGRpYWxvZ3Vl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very funny delivery - of course, it went whoosh! over my head, because General Hospital is an American "thing" that we never had over here. However, apply that same sense of disbelief to Knot's Landing or Falcon Crest, and It fits... Jx

      Delete
  6. Vicki Carr! I always think of this line from Moonstruck:
    [as Cosmo listens to "It Must Be Him" in the next room]
    Rose: Now he's going to play that damn Vikki Carr record, and when he comes to bed he won't touch me.
    Thanks, sweetpea! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To my shame, I never saw Moonstruck, either - and I adored Olympia Dukakis, too! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]