Sunday, 26 July 2026

Easy Living?

I have spent five hours today in the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers! It's been very warm, but a bit more cloudy, on and off - and as London is now subject to a hosepipe ban, every single pot (of the hundreds we have) needed to be watered using the watering can! Exhausting, but worthwhile.

With the horrors in the news at the moment, thank heavens for those geniuses at Soft Tempo Lounge, and their ultra-futuristic world, to give us some calm:

Ah, that's better...

[Music: Die Jankowski Singers - Vilja-Lied; Original film: Whirlpool - Home is What You Make It (1969)]

6 comments:

  1. Ah, watering cans are good exercise - let's put a positive spin on it!
    So little else to put a positive spin on.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, I am aching in places I didn't know I had places... Jx

      Delete
  2. Wow the most futuristic twin tub washing machine ever and was it just me or did the kitchen seem to be missing a few walls here and there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a most bizarre film, in every way! She's obviously never worked a kitchen in her life, and then suddenly, she's gone from an inappropriately flouncy short skirt to that weird plastic-coated outfit for no apparent reason, demonstrating a Lazy Susan to a Captain Kirk impersonator! Jx

      Delete
  3. That glimpse into the future was a riot. I wonder what year that was supposed to represent. Sorry about the drought and hose ban. The extensive gardens must take days to water now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, of the five hours I was out there, probably four of them were spent watering (and feeding), so yes, it's no picnic - and we have more hot days on the forecast for this week... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]