Wednesday, 8 July 2026

Nuovi brani!

Another week, another heatwave here in London! I think, to take our minds off it, we should have a little selection of some of the "newer" tracks that have caught my ear of late - before I disappear like Margaret Hamilton - don't you?

First up - the "Summer of Madonna" [see also here] really kicks off with this one!

Speaking of "icons" [and conveniently getting in first, before Queen Madge releases her own track of the same name from Confessions II as a single] - the very final album from Soft Cell, in part a tribute to [tomorrow's birthday boy] Marc Almond's co-star Dave Ball who died last year, will be released on 25th September - and from it, the title track:

Madonna's mantra is "on the dancefloor I feel so free", and this trancey choon - that made me sit up and take notice when I heard it on the radio recently - fits the bill perfectly:

Twisting the genres of "dance" and "rock" as he is wont to do (brilliantly), here's another of Mr Bill McClintock's crazy mashups!

Taking one of the catchiest of Eurodance hooks [see here for the original] and making it his own, the lovely Mr Lambert's latest is rather fab:

However, saving the best to last - this simply faboo number, for which Signor Bambino has recruited a Disco legend and one of our favourite pop princesses! Ever since I first heard it, it's been gnawing at me what song(s) it reminds me of...

As ever, dear reader - let me know your thoughts!

13 comments:

  1. Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "...and your little dog, too!"

      But what did you think of the music, Mitchell? Jx

      Delete
  2. Too hot in Devon at the minute. I am wilting.
    Damn it, but I can’t listen to the choons yet, but will do so tomorrow morning.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad Nile Rodgers continues to bang on and that he looks better than Madge does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He hasn't looked any different for around thirty years! Jx

      Delete
  4. Dig those funky choons!

    Did I hear Snow Patrol featuring Kylie Minogue on the wireless this morning?

    I saw a poster in town advertising Tom Jones and Nile Rodgers in concert at the Chester race course sometime in August, I just might take a walk along the wall that day and watch/hear it for free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed that collaboration - but it is true, you did indeed. And guess what? At their concert last week at Alexandra Palace, just down the road from us, Kylie was the "surprise guest" on stage! We might have bumped into her in Wetherspoons afterwards, had I known. Jx

      PS Tom Jones and Nile Rodgers together on stage? That's my kind of collaboration!

      Delete
  5. Madonna is awesome and the Queen of fucking everything!
    Love the Marc Almond track - obviously
    It's a beautiful thing - I liked the track but the voice over became a bit annoying.
    I enjoy a good mashup and Mr McClintock does some crackers.
    Adam Lambert is rather fab
    Dame Sophie of Ellis-Bextor can do no wrong and this track is Fab-U-Lous !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoorah! Another successful selection... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]