Friday, 3 July 2026

P-A-S-S-I-O-N

Happy Gay Xmas Eve, folks! The "Big Weekend" is almost here, the Essex Boys will be heading to stay over at ours tonight (probably including a dress rehearsal), and the excitement is mounting...

To begin the festivities, how about a song from that poppers-dominated dancefloor era, the 1980s - when I first emerged onto the gay scene in an explosion of pink fairy-dust and started shagging my way through South Wales - in the company of everyone's fave "Red Light District scrubbers", the Flirts?! Thank Disco Hi-NRG It's Friday!

Happy Pride Weekend, dear reader!

6 comments:

  1. Surprisingly that one slipped under my radar and I only vaguely remember it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Needless to say, I used to dance to it. With a bottle of poppers up my nose. Jx

      Delete
  2. I’m looking forward to seeing your outfits!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will, Ms Scarlet, you will... Jx

      Delete
  3. Well, my earlier comment doesn’t appear, so I’ll just say I’m glad I never knew about The Flirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, now you do, Mitchell! They may have been unashamed trollops, but this song was an absolute classic! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]