Sunday, 2 August 2026

Chairs!

It's been a hectic weekend, dear reader!

My sister Hils' 60th birthday party last night was a fantabulosa, excessive occasion, as one would expect. Today, in full recovery mode, I didn't even get up until 3pm!

By that time, Madam Arcati, his sister Carol and niece Jen were already ensconced in Wetherspoons for lunch, so, after doing some emergency watering of some of the more desperate, drooping plants in the garden, what else could I do but join them..?

After all that, all I can do, really, is hand over to a word from our sponsor:

Nothing exceeds like excess, they say...

Music: Henrik Nielsen - Skylight Room]

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time and I hope Wetherspoons helped with recuperation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes - an all-day breakfast, a few "hairs of the dog", and a good old gossip with the Madam's family, and all was right with the world again! Jx

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a fab time! And that you're ready for more watering today!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back to work today, more's the pity, so I have handed over the next wave of watering to 'er indoors... Jx

      Delete
  3. It’s Monday morning. Hope you’ve recovered from your happy weekend of partying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate Mondays. I'd prefer a hangover. Jx

      Delete
  4. Seems we both had another weekend cut form the same cloth. I'm still drying I believe......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The secret of not getting a hangover? Never sober up. That's my philosophy! Jx

      Delete
  5. And PS...Squire John from the UK who has a blog, said many of his photos in older post have started to simply disappear?!?!?!? I hope this doesn't start. That would decimate many of our blogs dear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends if he hosts them on Blogger itself or uses links to outside sources - I used to use Photobucket and soon regretted it when they threatened to impose an extortionate subscription fee. I downloaded all photos from their service, closed the account and then had to upload them all again... I have looked at my account settings here and I can't see a maximum storage limit. Jx

      Delete
    2. Wordpress removes stuff like that. I think we're safe if we use our own photos.

      But I came here to see if Saturday night's wing-ding really dinged. Silly me! I bet you've never had a dingless party!

      Delete
    3. It was A Marvellous Party, as one would expect! [There aren't really that many photos worth sharing, especially as my sister and hubby travelled to Paris the day after the party and haven't shared any of theirs...]

      I have never used Wordpress, but I have never had issues with photos uploaded to Blogger, embedded from elsewhere [there are occasions when I have had to do that, usually if I am using my work laptop and therefore behind a firewall; I do try and remember to replace the image with an upload when I get home, but hey - shit happens], or uploaded direct [my preferred method]. Jx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. "And she believes chairs are as important to civilisation as a masterpiece of something. I wrote it down somewhere. So we could print that up and do some lovely photos." Jx

      Delete
  7. If you didn't arise until 3pm, whatever time did the birthday girl get up? Or is she still in bed?!
    Sounds like you had a rather more exuberant night out than I did ;)

    P. S. All those chairs, but not one book artfully placed upon them! (The strumpet in the giant condom definitely doesn't count.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the party itself wasn't a very late one - it was in a pub function room near Borough Market - but weekends are my "catch-up time", and having missed the Saturday lie-in, I was completely knackered and just "doubling-up"... Jx

      PS None of those people - strumpets, beards or otherwise - look like "bookish people", so I am not surprised there's a distinct lack of them. Mind you, I wouldn't particularly want to sit on any of them [or fall off them, like one strumpet did], let alone rest a good book on all that wire.

      PPS The birthday girl went off to Paris the next day! I dare say she'll have had her "catch-up sleep" when she got there.

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]