Tuesday, 11 August 2026

Ga je zingen, ga je dansen of je wil of niet?

Just two days to go...

...and no countdown to our trip to Amsterdam [on Thursday] would be complete without featuring our beloved "Dutch Super-Group" De Toppers! Especially with a medley of our fave Amsterdam songs [that I may have featured here once or twice, or more, previously...]:

Tracklist:

  • Geef Mij Maar Amsterdam
  • Een Pikketanussie
  • Aan De Voet Van De Oude Wester
  • Oh Johnny
  • Zo, Zo, Zo Is De Jordaan
  • Bij Ons In De Jordaan

Magnifiek! We love De Toppers.

We love Amsterdam!

17 comments:

  1. You introduced me to De Toppers and I’m forever grateful! How cool to have the last name Van der Boom.

    And wishing you again a very happy birthday. I’m so excited about your upcoming trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my very first shags was with the wonderfully-named Apollonius Nooten-Boom II (a jeweller by trade, with a Rolls-Royce and a country house, no less)!

      Glad you love De Toppers as much as we do! One day, we'll get to see them live - before they're all on Zimmer frames, I hope. 🤣 Jx

      Delete
    2. I read your first line and thought, you had a shag, too? I had my first shag haircut when I was 15!

      Delete
    3. I wouldn't know what such a thing is, but it sounds rude. We truly are "two nations divided by a common language"... Jx

      Delete
    4. What happened!?!? Was he older? You could have been the next Anna Nicole Smith!

      Delete
    5. I was in my early 20s, he was in his early 30s. He was far too much of a slag to settle down and, truth be told, so was I!

      I - ahem - encountered him several more times after that however...😍 Jx

      Delete
  2. They are very jolly!
    I might do some experimenting with blog posts in a minute.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. De Toppers never fail to cheer me up! I await your next missive with bated breath... Jx

      Delete
    2. I have posted, but none of my posts showed up anywhere - not even on my Feedly Reader!! Oh. Do you ever read the Reddit pages about Blogspot? Apparently a couple of weeks ago there was a mass deletion of blogs. Anyhow, Reddit has a lot of people angry about how Blogger is functioning at the moment.
      Sx

      Delete
    3. Wow. Feedly isn't working anymore - Mitzi's latest post hasn't shown up there either.
      Sx

      Delete
    4. Feedly and the Reading List are both just feeds. If a post doesn't show up in one , I can't see how it would appear in the other one.

      I don't go on Reddit much. It takes me back to the days of AOL chatrooms. Jx

      Delete
  3. A better question is what's not to love about Amsterdam??? I plan to returm one day. It was the best three week trip I ever had. And one of the hottest threesomes I had to date....well...definitely top three. Those Dutch are amazing and know how to have good sex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been going back and forth to Amsterdam every year (sometimes several times a year) since the early 1990s [apart from lockdown] - I know all about the great sex, dear! I practically lived in Thermos day and night sauna(s)... [RIP] Jx

      Delete
  4. I shall have to listen tomorrow after work (but I think I can remember some of it now).

    P.S. I have posted the results of the number picking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you really deserve another glimpse of De Toppers in your life!

      I'm heading off to yours right now... Jx

      Delete
  5. How fab can't wait for us to be back in Amsterdam..
    listening to De Toppers will have to do until tomorrow but then again I might listen to them again in Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If not De Toppers, we're practically guaranteed to see/hear a helluva lot of jolly Dutch music - especially in Montmartre bar! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]