
The Witches of Eastwick! [click to embiggen]
On this day in history: "in fourteen hundred and ninety-two Columbus sailed the ocean blue", setting off from Spain with three ships on his way to make his ground-breaking "discovery" of the Americas; in 1778 La Scala opera house opened in Milan; in 1858 the source of the Nile (Lake Victoria) was discovered; in 1914 Germany declared war on France; in 1936 Jesse Owens gave Hitler's "master-race" ideals a kicking by winning the first of four gold medals at the Berlin Olympics... and, in 1966, my sister was born!
When my father woke me on that fateful day (I was three years old), he said "We've got you an early birthday present. It's a baby sister.". I cried, and said "I wanted a tricycle!"
In tribute to my 60 years of resentment, here's an appropriate song - and the tackiest choice for a Tacky Music Monday in ages. I dedicate it to Hils...
My ears hurt.
Have a good week, dear reader.
STOP PRESS, 12.23am:
My last few posts arrived in the Blogger Reading List practically as soon as I pressed the "publish" button. Thus, it remains a mystery why this particular one has completely failed to do so, ELEVEN HOURS later. Bastard Google Gnomes!
STOP PRESS #2, 9.20am:
It still hasn't shown up. Arseholes.
Ack! I lasted 8 seconds then had to turn it off!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, Hils! A more fabulous trio of witches I never did see.
I'm amazed you lasted that long.
DeleteThe girls are making sure they extend their respective 60ths for the whole year - Lou's was back in March, and we have Our Sal's yet to come in December... Jx
You missed the exciting bit at 36 seconds - by which time it gets very racy!
DeleteSx
Ha! Jx
DeleteThere is no denying your sister....you two look so much alike!!! And those are some glam frocks!!!!! They could rival any drag queens closet...and that is a compliment! Your sister is radiating still for 53! Go girl!
ReplyDeleteIn the words of Arnold aka "Virginia Ham": "I'm the pretty one!"
DeleteI'll pass on your compliments, dear, if it won't make her even more insufferable... 🤣 Jx
Fabulous ladies!! I'm glad to read that they are partying for the foreseeable!
ReplyDeleteSx
"Life is a Cabaret, old chum - and I love a Cabaret!" Jx
DeleteThe tune isn’t even catchy for kids! But your sister is catchy. She looks like a joy. So, did you stop resenting her 7 years ago?
ReplyDeleteYou spotted my deliberate error and now you win a prize - you can keep that song forever! 😍 Jx
DeleteHils is much better the a tricyle
ReplyDeleteNot at the time, she wasn't. Jx
DeleteThanks hun, and yes, I am better than a tricycle! Much more reliable and you've never had to oil my wheels 😂. As for the drag queen dresses, I have so many heavy beaded frocks in my wardrobe that its fallen off the wall twice and is now supported by a dozen brackets. Still, totally worth it!
ReplyDeleteWe are cut from the same cloth, dear. I have more dressing-up clothes in the wardrobes than actual day-to-day clothes! And never enough occasions to wear them... Jx
DeletePS I never heard of a tricycle being around sixty years later 🤣