We are in a very celebratory mood here at Dolores Delargo Towers.
It is almost the weekend - as always, that is cause for joy in itself - but this one is particularly special, for come 4pm this afternoon I will not be back in the benighted office for a fortnight!
Once again, my birthday is almost upon us, and next Thursday Madam Arcati, Baby Steve, Houseboy Alex, John-John and I are off to my beloved Amsterdam for five nights of high jinks, merriment, eating FEBO and wandering the grachten. Wonderbaar!
By way of a celebration, here's The Netherlands' finest Queen of Disco herself, Miss Anita Meyer:
[I think the biggest question here is "Why are they dancing in a swimming pool?"]
Dank disco is het vrijdag!
FOOTNOTE:
I'm still coming down to earth after seeing the brilliant Spider-Man: Brand New Day on the big screen in Leicester Square with John-John last night. Not just one of the very best Marvel superhero films I have seen, but one of the best films I've seen in ages...
Superhero films never win top Oscars, that much is an established tradition (for some reason or other), but amidst the "biff! pow!" action [and there's no shortage of that!], there's some damned good acting here. It makes the characters more human, and judging by the genuine gasps and murmurs amongst last night's audience (as well as my own reaction), carries some genuinely relatable emotional heft.
Do try and see it, dear reader. It's definitely worth it!
Here Here!!!!! I can smell the debauchery in Amsterdam as I type this. And TomHolland....in Spiderman. He looked very good. I also developed a unhealthy fascination with his pecs and arelo and nipples......did they always look so good?
ReplyDeleteTom Holland's a gorgeous lad, who I could do very wicked things with..! Jx
DeleteOh how I LOVE Amsterdam. What a wonderful life you lead (too bad you have to work at all). Yes, the swimming pool and the special effects in that video. No budget!
ReplyDeleteAmsterdam is my birthday "pilgrimage" (not that I need an excuse to be there; I have been back-and-forth, sometimes several times a year, since around 1990!). My favourite city on earth (after London)...
DeleteThe video cracked me up. So utterly - ummm - cheap! Jx
Whoever talked that poor woman into being shot in profile was not her friend.
ReplyDeleteShe was fairly scary-looking from any angle! Typically Dutch - built like a brick shithouse. Jx
DeleteOh, a fortnight off work - and Amsterdam, too! I'm hoping that Ms Scarlet will step in and deal with the blogging rota while you are off. I just hope she doesn't put me down for Friday as that's when I hope to go and see Spider-Man (I was going to wait until it comes on telly but your mini-review changed my mind).
ReplyDeleteHa! I forgot about "the rota"...
DeleteSpider-Man: Brand New Day is too good to wait for, and would not be quite the same on a small screen! Jx