Sunday, 30 August 2026

Today's itinerary

Not this...

...but more this!

Yep, thanks to the showery Bank Holiday Weekend weather, our much-loved Grand Annual Picnic has had to be cancelled in favour of gathering at The Perseverance pub in Bloomsbury/Holborn for an all-day Film Club...

Should be fun!

17 comments:

  1. OMG! How delicious! I haven't seen The Rocky Horror Picture show in absolute ages! I agree that today, even though it's hot as hell here, is the PERFECT day toTimewarp Again, sweetpea! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - maybe the Rocky Horror clip was a bit misleading - it wasn't one of the films we actually watched. We had a faboo time, even without The Timewarp! Jx

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhhhhh how depressing.....I cant imagine the pain of having to DRINK in a pub.......how will you muddle through?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is 9 to 5 on the itinerary as well? I watched Miss Congeniality 2 last night - I forgot Dolly Parton was in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Dolly this time around - but who knows what any future Film Clubs may offer? Jx

      Delete
  4. So much fun. You do know how to enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we do, Mitchell! We certainly do... Jx

      Delete
  5. I'd like to get more enjoyment out of life. I never even had a misspent youth.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That immediately brought to mind an old anecdote: a party guest excuses himself early from the party and says “I must keep my youth,” to which the party host replies, “Oh, but you should have brought him.” Jx

      Delete
  6. Glad you had a good time and had a back up plan, though the afternoon wasn't as rainy as predicted. Rainy now though!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great substitute for a picnic, indeed. It rained a bit, but not as bad as it might have been. Jx

      Delete
  7. Neither Rocky Horror nor Dolly? A travesty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a fab afternoon but it was sad not to have the annual grand picknic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to "pencil-in" the picnic for earlier in the year, methinks! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]