Saturday 24 November 2012

Give me more, more, more, more, more



Until I spotted that it was this fabulosa singer's (54th) birthday today, I had actually forgotten all about Carmel!

I loved this song when it was first released twenty-eight years ago, and again when I lived in Plymouth fifteen years ago - one of our traditions on a Sunday lunchtime in the United Services pub was to put on some Latin-fused music to cheer and chill the punters. Here's More More More (with a video directed by none other than Lindsay Anderson):


Carmel and her band also pushed a lot of my buttons back in those confused coming-out days of the 80s with Bad Day:


And now I find that the lady is back on tour after a break of several years - London, Paris, and, er, Stockton-on-Tees! It would be excellent if I could nab a ticket...

Happy birthday, indeed.

Carmel (McCourt) on Wikipedia

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This ain't F***book, honey! Glad you enjoyed it... Jx

      Delete
  2. Blimey! Is that the time?

    Thanks for your advice, but I have moved:
    http://beblondeextra.blogspot.co.uk/

    Thank you for being there xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will follow you immediately, my sweet... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]