Thursday 2 May 2013

Throw a little joy my way



Many happy returns today to the fabulous comedienne-cum-actress and all-round diva Miss Christine Baranski!

One of our favourites here at Dolores Delargo Towers, not least for her appearances in Cybill, Jeffrey, The Birdcage and Chicago, her musical theatre career is often shamefully overlooked in favour of her on-screen appearances. But the stage-trained Miss Baranski is indeed a showgirl of the highest order - and she's taken on Stephen Sondheim, Jerry Herman, Terrence McNally and Charles Strouse in her time.

Here she is in a wonderful duet with Martin Short on A Fact Can Be a Beautiful Thing (from Promises, Promises - the musical by Bacharach and David based on the 1960 film The Apartment):


A joy!

Christine Jane Baranski (born 2nd May 1952)

2 comments:

  1. How I adore that woman - I am currently watching my DVD box set of Cybill for the 1000th time. She always makes me laugh. Happy birthday darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore her too - and Cybill was a very special moment indeed in the history of televsion... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]