Friday 1 November 2019

Des yeux qui font baisser les miens



Good grief. As we crawl towards another weekend, most surprising news reaches our ears - Dame Anna Wintour, fashion maven and transcendent being that she is, will be (gulp) seventy years old this Sunday...



Also having a bit of a celebration is fellow fashionista and our "Patron Saint of Snarling", Grace Jones, who has just been announced as the next curator of the Southbank Centre's showpiece, the Meltdown Festival. That should prove interesting.



So, to get the party (parties) started - and ours on the weekend will be the celebration of our friend John-John's 60th - here is the lady in her full menacing glory. Thank Disco It's Friday!


Des yeux qui font baisser les miens,
un rire qui se perd sur sa bouche,
voilà le portrait sans retouche
de l’homme auquel j’appartiens.

Quand il me prend dans ses bras,
il me parle tout bas,
je vois la vie en rose.

Il me dit des mots d’amour,
des mots de tous les jours
et ça me fait quelque chose.

Il est entré dans mon cœur
une part de bonheur
dont je connais la cause.

C’est lui pour moi, moi pour lui dans la vie,
il me l’a dit, l’a juré pour la vie.

Et dès que je l’aperçois,
alors je sens en moi
mon cœur qui bat.

Des nuits d’amour à plus finir,
un grand bonheur qui prend sa place,
les ennuis, les chagrins s’effacent,
heureux, heureux à en mourir.

Quand il me prend dans ses bras,
il me parle tout bas,
je vois la vie en rose.

Il me dit des mots d’amour,
des mots de tous les jours
et ça me fait quelque chose.

Il est entré dans mon cœur
une part de bonheur
dont je connais la cause.

C’est toi pour moi, moi pour toi dans la vie.
Tu me l’as dit, l’as juré pour la vie.

Et dès que je t’aperçois,
alors je sens en moi
mon cœur qui bat.


Indeed.

Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. I watched Exotic Pop on BBC4 on Friday night - all I could think was: Jon would love this!
    Apologies, I am slightly off topic, but seeing as it's Sunday now I imagine we all are.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll take a look for that on iPlayer - although, looking at the web page for the show, it was first shown in 2011 so there's every chance we may have caught it before... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]