Friday 15 November 2019

What's she gonna look like with a chimney on her?



Thankfully, another weekend is in sight, and we need to get in the mood for a party.

What better way than with a right old bitch-fest?

Here, for your delectation, is one of my fave dance hits from (around the time Madam Arcati and I first got together) May 1998:


But what prompted me to remember the song at all was the fact I have been in full "blog repair mode" lately - I just completed the whole of 2010 - and among the half-remembered songs I posted back then was this one, the (very camp) original upon which Tamperer's mega-hit was based:


Now that's the earworm sorted, where's the party???!!!

Thank Disco It's Friday!

Have a good one, dear reader.

6 comments:

  1. Once again you're resurrected one of my faves that had slipped off my radar. I love all that overly dramatic percussion. Since this is the first time i've ever seen the video, I can admit I always thought it was sung by a drag queen rather than a real live Lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there is little evidence in the Tamperer video to prove that Maya wasn't actually a lady-boy - but I think Miss Leigh West has (ahem!) a couple of "pieces of evidence" that I think might be a bit difficult to recreate in silicone. Jx

      Delete
  2. "Drop a house..." How insensitive!

    P.S. I've never seen the video to The Tamperer's version until now - I'm glad to see that it has a happy ending :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No chimneys nor dropping houses required - just a stud-muffin driving a sports car... Jx

      Delete
  3. "Ah yes I remember it well"
    Fab then and still fab now

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]